quinta-feira, 10 de julho de 2008

Música do Fogo Mágico



"Die Walküre" (A Valquíria), de Richard Wagner


Para verem a segunda parte carreguem aqui

Slowly the storm clouds drifted away. The twilight came.

Still Brunhilde lay in fear and grief at Wotan's feet.

At length she lifted her sad eyes to Wotan and cried:

"Was it so wrong, this thing that I have done?

'T is you who taught me to shield the brave and the true.

I only sought to care for one you loved."

"Brunhilde, you disobeyed me.

I have told you what your punishment shall be. I cannot change it."

"Then grant me, Father, this one wish: that you will make the

place where I sleep so no coward can reach me.

Make it so none but a hero will dare come near."

Then, taking Brunhilde in his arms, he said:--

"I grant your wish, my child.

I shall encircle the place with magic fire.

Only he who knows no fear may claim you for his bride."

Then Wotan kissed Brunhilde upon each eye lid,

and she fell fast asleep.

Gently he bore her to a mossy mound beneath

a spreading fir tree.

Laying her down, he looked long and lovingly

upon her sweet, brave face.He drew her helmet

close over her eyes, and laid her shield upon her breast.

The flowers went to sleep.

Brunhilde's noble steed lay down and slept.

"Farewell, my child, most brave and beautiful!

Thou life and light of all my heart, farewell!

Pride of my soul, farewell, a long farewell!"

THE MAGIC FIRE

Wotan strode a few steps away from where Brunhilde slept,

then struck the rock with his mighty spear. Red flames shot

up, leaping almost to the sky. They were magic flame sand

would not harm any one. But they looked like real fire, and

none but a hero would dare go into them.They would frighten

away all cowards. Wotan walked around the peak, drawing a

line with his spear. From every place the spear touched the

fire burst forth, until at length the mound where Brunhilde

slept was entirely encircled by lurid flames.

Great Wotan looked upon his work. Then he turned and called

to all the mountains and the valleys below:

"Whoso dareth Wotan's spear,

Whoso knoweth naught of fear,

Let him burst these flames of war,

Let him leap this fiery bar!"

Fonte aqui

* os vossos comentários são muito bem-vindos! *

Sem comentários: