sábado, 7 de junho de 2008

"May the Force Be with You"


George Lucas, sobre a comparação entre a Força e a Divindade

"I don't see Star Wars as profoundly religious. I see Star Wars as taking all the issues that religion represents and trying to distill them down into a more modern and easily accessible construct--that there is a greater mystery out there. (...) I put the Force into the movie in order to try to awaken a certain kind of spirituality in young people--more a belief in God than a belief in any particular religious system. I wanted to make it so that young people would begin to ask questions about the mystery. Not having enough interest in the mysteries of life to ask the question, "Is there a God or is there not a God?"--that is for me the worst thing that can happen. I think you should have an opinion about that. Or you should be saying, "I'm looking. I'm very curious about this, and I am going to continue to look until I can find an answer, and if I can't find an answer, then I'll die trying." I think it's important to have a belief system and to have faith."


* * *

Interviewer: Is there a piece of Jedi wisdom that you carry with you?


Harrison Ford: "May the Force be with you" is charming but not important. What's important is that you become the Force -- for yourself and perhaps for other people.





* os vossos comentários são muito bem-vindos! *

Sem comentários: